2017 US MASTERS SWIMMING SPRING NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHPIPS
- April 27-30, 2017
- 25y course
- Riverside Aquatics Complex, Riverside, California
- Meet Info
- Order of Events
- Psych Sheets
- Live Stream
- Live Results
On the final day of the 2017 U.S. Masters Nationals both Ryan Lochte and Nathan Adrian added to their medal hauls, each earning an individual gold and Adrian adding a relay gold as well. That gives Lochte a total of six gold and seven medals on the meet, while Adrian finishes up with four gold. Adrian only competed on the last two days after racing in Irvine at the Meet of Champions on Friday, where he had an impressive 48.74 showing in the 100 free.
Lochte’s win on Sunday came in the 100 back, where he clocked 46.57 to narrowly miss the 30-34 Masters National Record by two tenths. The record belongs to Adam Mania, set back in 2013 at 46.34.
Adrian was slated to swim the 50 free and 100 back on day 4, but was a no-show in the latter, much to the dismay of his fans who rarely see him race anything other than freestyle. In the 50, Adrian took the 25-29 title in 20.20, just ahead of runner-up Luke Pechmann who clocked 20.46 for 2nd. Adrian added his relay gold in the mixed 25+ 200 medley, where he anchored in 19.73 to give his Olympic Club the victory.
Adrian was actually outclassed by the winner in the age-groups above and below him, with 18-24 winner Jeff Garnier coming in at 20.11 and 30-34 winner Simon Burnett clocking the top time of 20.07. Burnett, a former NCAA and British Record holder and 3-time Olympian, also won the 200 free in a time of 1:36.99.
There was a total of 18 Masters National Records on day four. Take a look at the full list below:
- Jill Hernandez, Women 55-59 400 IM, 4:49.56
- Charlotte Davis, Women 65-69 400 IM, 5:34.09
- Jeff Farrell, Men 80-84 50 free, 28.68
- Lauren Val, Women 65-69 50 free, 26.73
- Diann Uustal, Women 70-74 50 free, 29.60
- Jim Sauer, Men 60-64 200 fly, 2:07.49
- Jeff Natalizio, Men 35-39 100 back, 47.86
- Noriko Inada, Women 35-39 100 back, 53.58
- Karlyn Pipes, Women 55-59 100 back, 1:00.80
- Lauren Val, Women 65-69 100 back, 1:06.48
- Diann Uustal, Women 70-74 100 back, 1:17.27
- Rick Colella, Men 65-69 200 free, 1:52.57
- Karlyn Pipes, Women 55-59 200 free, 1:57.90
- Steve West, Men 45-49 50 breast, 26.05
- Rick Colella, Men 65-69 50 breast, 29.26
- Caroline Krattli, Women 55-59 50 breast, 32.13
- Charlotte Davis, Women 65-69 50 breast, 37.49
- Puget Sound Masters, 65+ Mixed 200 medley relay, 2:04.19