The LEN (Ligue Européenne de Natation), Europe’s continental swimming federation, has decided to set aside a budget of € 200,000 in 2017 to support smaller European swimming federations through the LEN Development Program.
The money will allow the federations in smaller countries to put on training camps and coaches’ education programs, as well as funding trips to developmental events.
- the establishment of an athlete commission to be led by 2004 Olympic gold medalist in the women’s 200 freestyle Camelia Potec of Romania
- the establishment of a high diving division
- the search for a host city for the 2022 multi-sport European Aquatics Championships (the location has not yet been determined)
- development of junior water polo and beach water polo programs
- the scheduling of the next LEN Congress for Saturday, May 13, 2017 in Marseille, France.
Here, you can see a list of the over 50 swimming federations included in the LEN.