7th FINA World Junior Swimming Championships 2019
- 50-Meter Course
- Duna Arena, Budapest (Hungary)
- Pool swimming: Tuesday, August 20 – Sunday, August 25, 2019
- Heats 9:30am GMT+2 (3:30 am EDT / 12:30 am PDT)/ Semifinals and Finals 5:30pm GMT+2 (11:30am EDT / 8:30am PDT)
- Meet site
- Entries book
- FinaTV Live Stream (subscription required)
- Live results
Saturday, 24 August 2019
Russia’s Yana Kurtseva, the bronze medalist in both the 400m freestyle and the 800m freestyle at 2019 LEN European Junior Championships in July, has pulled out of heats of the women’s 1500m freestyle at FINA World Junior Championships. Kurtseva was seeded tenth with 16:40.49. She was entered in all three distance freestyle events in Budapest. On Day Two she finished 13th in the 800 free with 8:46.53 and on Day Four she was tenth in heats of the 400 free with 4:13.57.
Aleksandra Sabitova, also from Russia, has withdrawn from heats of the 50 free where she was seeded 27th with 26.32, to focus on heats of the 100 fly where she is seeded fourth with 59.07. Venezuela’s Fabiana Pesce has also scratched the 50 free; she was the 30th seed with a time of 26.42.
In the women’s 400 free relay, Brazil, Croatia, and Venezuela scratched prelims.
Friday morning’s events:
- Men’s 100m Freestyle – no scratches from circle-seeded heats
- Women’s 100m Butterfly – no scratches from circle-seeded heats
- Men’s 400m Indiv. Medley – no scratches from circle-seeded heats
- Women’s 50m Freestyle – #27 Aleksandra SABITOVA (RUS), #30 Fabiana PESCE (VEN)
- Men’s 50m Breaststroke – no scratches from circle-seeded heats
- Women’s 4x 100m Freestyle – no scratches from circle-seeded heats
- Women’s 1500m Freestyle slow heats – #10 Yana KURTSEVA (RUS)
Heats begin at 9:30 a.m. local time in Budapest (3:30 EDT / 12:30 PDT).