2016 WOMEN’S NCAA CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Wednesday, March 16 – Saturday, March 19
- McAuley Aquatic Center – Atlanta, GA
- Prelims 10AM/Finals 6PM (Eastern Time)
- Defending Champion: Cal – Results
- Championships Central
- SwimSwam Link Sheet
- Live stream: All prelims, Wednesday finals, & Thursday finals (Other sessions will be on ESPN3)
- Live results
Louisville senior Kelsi Worrell, already holder of the fastest 100 yard butterfly on a flat start, and the fastest 50 yard fly on a relay start, in history, is now the owner of the second-fastest 50 yard free split in history.
Worrell swam a 20.84 on the Cardinals’ second leg on Thursday in prelims at the NCAA Championships on a .13 reaction time. That’s only been bested by former Auburn sprint star Arianna Vanderpool-Wallace, who was a 20.80 at the 2012 SEC Championships (with a .03 relay start).
Worrell was 3rd at last year’s NCAA Championships in the 50 free on a flat-start. While the two swimmers ahead of her Ivy Martin and Simone Manuel graduated and redshirted, respectively, Cal’s Farida Osman became the second-fastest swimmer ever on a flat-start at the Pac-12 Championships a month ago.