2021 LEN EUROPEAN AQUATICS CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Swimming: Monday, May 17th – Sunday, May 23rd, 2021
- Budapest, Hungary
- Prelims at 10:00 am local/Finals at 6:00 pm local
- Event Site
- Entry List
- Live Results
- Live Stream
Russia’s Maria Kameneva has scratched the 100 free semifinals for tonight’s session, focusing instead on securing a medal in the 100 back final.
Kameneva was the 13th-place qualifier in the 100 free and would have made tonight’s semifinals. But she’s the #3 qualifier into the 100 back final, which takes place just two events earlier, and Kameneva does not appear on the 100 free start lists.
The only other true scratch is Spain’s Hugo Gonzalez, who qualified 15th in the men’s 200 back but does not appear on the semifinal start lists.
Update: since our original post, start lists have been updated to show Anastasia Gorbenko scratching out of the 100 back final. She was 7th coming out of prelims. Gorbenko also has the 200 IM semifinals in tonight’s session, and is set to anchor Israel’s women’s 4×200 free relay at the end of the session.
DAY 5 SCRATCHES & TWO-PER-NATION CUTS
Here are all the scratches and cuts out of the top 8 (for finals) or top 16 (for semifinals).
Women’s 1500 free – final
Men’s 50 fly – final
Women’s 100 back – final
- 7th-place Anastasia Gorbenko (ISR) – scratch
Men’s 200 back – semifinals
- 14th-place Peter Bernek (HUN) – 2-per-nation
- 15th-place Hugo Gonzalez (ESP) – scratch
Women’s 100 free – semifinals
- 10th-place Lucy Hope (GBR) – 2-per-nation
- 13th-place Maria Kameneva (RUS) – scratch
- 14th-place Kim Busch (NED) – 2-per-nation
Men’s 50 breast – semifinals
- 10th-place Federico Poggio (ITA) – 2-per-nation
Women’s 200 breast – final
Men’s 200 free – final
Women’s 200 IM – semifinals
- 14th-place Reka Gyorgy (HUN) – 2-per-nation
- 15th-place Alicia Wilson (GBR) – 2-per-nation
- 16th-place Katie Shanahan (GBR) – 2-per-nation
Women’s 4×200 free relay – final