COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – San Diego State senior Taylor Johnson has been named Mountain West Swimmer of the Week, while Nevada senior Krysta Palmer has earned MW Women’s Diver of the Week honors for competition completed through Sunday, November 8. It is the sixth weekly honor of Palmer’s career and the first for Johnson.
WOMEN’S SWIMMER OF THE WEEK
TAYLOR JOHNSON, SAN DIEGO STATE
Senior, Fountain Valley, California / Fountain Valley HS
- Led San Diego State to a 1-1 record on November 7 with a win over New Mexico (208-92) and a loss to Washington State (161.5-132.5).
- Won two individual events and swam on two relay teams.
- Took first place in the 50-yard freestyle with the second-fastest time in the Mountain West this season of 23.15.
- Won the 100-yard freestyle with a time of 51.26.
- Swam on the winning 200-yard freestyle relay team with a MW-top time of 1:33.07. The mark also ranks 17th in the nation.
- Member of 200-yard medley relay team that placed second with a time of 1:44.58.
WOMEN’S DIVER OF THE WEEK
KRYSTA PALMER, NEVADA
Senior, Carson City, Nevada / Western Nevada College
- Earned wins in the two springboard events as Nevada defeated Boise State on November 7, 199-101.
- On the 3-meter springboard, bettered her league-leading score to 349.05.
- Posted a 322.28 on the 1-meter board.
- Both marks qualify for NCAA Zones.
The next Mountain West Women’s Swimmer & Diver of the Week will be announced on Tuesday, November 24.
2015-16 Mountain West Women’s Swimmers of the Week
Oct. 20 – Genevieve Miller, Jr., Air Force
Oct. 27 – Teresa Baerens, Jr., Nevada
Nov. 3 – Brittany Aoyama, Jr., Boise State
Nov. 10 – Taylor Johnson, Sr., San Diego State
2015-16 Mountain West Women’s Divers of the Week
Oct. 20 – Ariana Milone, Jr., Colorado State
Oct. 27 – Keely Bishop, Jr., Wyoming
Nov. 3 – Krysta Palmer, Sr., Nevada
Nov. 10 – Krysta Palmer, Sr., Nevada
Swimming news courtesy of Mountain West Conference.