The Bolles School women won the FHSAA 1A Champs handily, posting a final score of 335.5.
They were led by incredible relay depth, placing 2nd in each of the three relays and racking up 102 points solely on those relays. Bolles had an A- finalist swim in every single event save for the 200 IM, and they struck gold in the 100 backstroke. Abi Wilder touched first in 55.56, exactly one second ahead of teammate Chloe Miller.
Two new state records were set in finals, as Jessica Nava (Westminster Academy) and Caroline White (Trinity Prep) took home state titles. Nava won the 100 fly in 53.77, erasing Chelsie Britt‘s 2010 mark of 53.83, while White sprinted to a 1:01.68 victory in the 100 breast, which toppled Lindsey McKnight‘s 2008 record of 1:01.73.
Montverde sophomore Katie Schorr swam lights out, and her two wins were key to her team’s third place finish. Schorr nearly blazed past the 23 second mark and won the 50 free (23.05), later returning to dominate the 100 free field with a 49.76. She beat Ransom Everglades’ Kyla Valls (50.60), who earlier dropped a 1:47.28 to take the 200 free title. Schorr also anchored Montverde’s title-earning 400 free relay in 49.20.
- Christin Rockway of Tampa Catholic took the 200 IM in 2:00.39.
- Montverde’s Kendall Dawson earned the 500 free title, registering a 4:51.38.
- Trinity Prep took the 200 medley relay in 1:42.98, getting a 28.01 breast leg from White and a 23.70 fly leg from Claire Maiocco.
- Lake Highland won the 200 free relay in 1:34.97, fueled by a 23.31 leg from Paige Hamilton.
- Bolles 335.5
- Lake Highland Prep 256.5
- Montverde 213
- Pine Crest 164
- Trinity Prep 159
The Bolles boys absolutely crushed the competition at the 1A Championships, winning all three relays as well as four of eight individual events.
Individual winners for Bolles included Ariel Spektor in the 100 fly (47.85), Tyler Rice in the 100 free (44.58), Andy Song An in the 100 back (47.58), and James Daugherty in the 100 breast (54.79). Considering that Bolles won the 100 of each stroke, it came as no surprise that their 200 medley relay (1:29.86) won the race by over four seconds.
Santi Corredor of Bishop Verot owned the 200 free (1:37.76) and the 500 free (4:23.17), making up most of his school’s points in their 8th place finish.
- Patrick Groters of University School took the 200 IM (1:50.22).
- Raiz Tjon-A-Joe handled the field in the 50 free. The Westlake Prep senior sprinted to a 20.26 at the finish.
- Bolles 471
- Pine Crest 187
- Saint Andrew’s 159
- Berkeley Prep School 139
- Lake Highland Prep 130