Produced by Coleman Hodges.
Reported by Karl Ortegon.
WOMEN’S 800 FREE FINAL HEAT
- Jessica Ashwood, Chandler, 8:18.14
- Miranda Heckman, Pleasanton Seahawks, 8:50.14
- Katy Campbell, PASA, 8:53.92
- Leah Stevens, Unattached, 8:54.05
- Daniella Hawkins, Pleasanton Seahawks, 8:59.11
- Francesca Bains, Woodmoor Waves, 9:07.96
- Cathryn Salladin, FAST, 9:08.24
Jessica Ashwood of Chandler Swim Club picked up another win tonight with a very strong 8:18.14 to easily handle the field. That’s her best time ever, and also a new Australian record.
Pleasanton Seahawks 15-year-old Miranda Heckman pulled out a 8:50.14 to touch 2nd, ahead of Katy Campbell(8:53.92) of PASA and rising Stanford sophomore Leah Stevens (8:54.05). Heckman’s teammate Daniella Hawkins, also 15, touched 5th just under 9 minutes in 8:59.11.