2018 COMMONWEALTH GAMES
- Thursday, April 5th – Tuesday, April 10th (swimming)
- Optus Aquatic Centre, Gold Coast, Australia
- Prelims at 10:30am local (8:30pm previous night EDT)
- Finals at 7:30pm local (5:30am EDT)
- Official Commonwealth Games website
- Meet Schedule + Results
- Live Stream (Canada)
- Live Stream (US)
- Live Stream (Australia)
England’s freestyle and butterfly specialist James Guy has withdrawn from the final of the men’s 200 fly for day 3 finals at the Commonwealth Games. It’s been reported that the scratch is due to dehydration.
Guy was heading into the final seeded 8th after clocking 1:58.43 in the prelims, and was expected to be a medal contender in this race. So far during the competition Guy has taken 3rd in the 400 free, 4th in the 200 free, and picked up a silver in the men’s 4×100 free relay.
With this scratch, Sajan Prakash of India slots into the final. Canadian Mack Darragh is the top seed, while the likes of Chad Le Clos, Duncan Scott and David Morgan will also be in the mix.