Seven athletes will be added to the Italian National Team roster for the World Championships in Kazan this summer.
Cesare Butini, Director of the Italian Swimming Federation announced the additions yesterday.
The six athletes being added include
- Elena Gemo who achieved an A standard in the 50 butterfly and 100 backstroke as well as a B standard in the 50 backstroke
- Elena Di Liddo who achieved a B standard in the 100 butterfly
- Martina Rita Caramignoli who achieved an A standard in the 1500 freestyle
- Martina Carraro who achieved an A standard in the 50 breaststroke
- Luca Pizzini who achieved an A standard in the 200 breaststroke
- Lorenzo Antonelli and Silvia Di Pietro have been added as relay swimmers
Butini still has the ability to award additional swimmers a spot on the team based on the results of the Santa Clara Grand Prix, the French and Hungarian Open as well as the World University Games.