2021 INTERNATIONAL SWIMMING LEAGUE – SEASON 3, MATCH 10
- Saturday, September 25 – Sunday, September 26
- 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm EST (8:00 pm – 10:00 pm Local Time)
- Piscina Felice Scandone, Naples, Italy
- Short Course Meters (25m – SCM) Format
- ISL Season 3 Schedules, Start Times, & More
- Teams Competing: Aqua Centurions, Team Iron, Tokyo Frog Kings, New York Breakers
- Omega Live Results
- Start Lists
Team Iron’s Ingeborg Løyning broke her own Norgewian national record in the women’s short course meters 200 backstroke at Match 10 of the International Swimming League’s third season.
Løyning went 2:03.67 to win the event, well under her previous record of 2:05.73. That time was from just two weeks ago at ISL Match 5.
She split 29.13/31.02/31.70/31.82 in Saturday’s swim, beating second-place finisher Gabby DeLoof by 0.09 seconds. In her Match 5 swim, Løyning split 29.32/30.61/32.94/33.86, fading strongly compared to her relatively even-split new record.
Løyning also matched her own Norwegian record in the 50 back at Match 10, going 26.47 for second place. Her prior record swim was from the North Sea Meet in October 2020. The 20-year-old is also the national record holder in the 100 back with a 57.57 from Match 5.
At the Tokyo Olympics, Løyning competed in the 100 and 200 back, going 1:00.07 and 2:11.68, respectively.