Press Release courtesy of Houston Athletics
The Houston Swim & Dive team returns home to host SMU on Oct. 20 and North Texas, opening its six-meet home schedule.
- The Cougars have had early success this season, posting a pair of top finishes at UNT in exhibition, and Incarnate Word in its season opener.
- Houston has a combined 22 first-place finishes so far this season and looks to defeat SMU for the sixth time in program history.
SCOUTING THE MUSTANGS
- SMU has been defeated by Arkansas and Tulane in meets earlier this season.
- Matea Samardzic was named the American Athletic Conference Swimmer of the Week for the second straight week, conference officials announced Oct. 17. Samardzic led the Mustangs at the 24th annual SMU Classic over the weekend, posting four NCAA B standards and four times among the nation’s top 16.
- Samardzic is the first Mustang to receive three Swimmer of the Week awards from The American during her career, and do so in consecutive weeks.
- Senior Diver Micaela Bouter earns American Diver of the Week honors earlier this week after earning both first and second-place finishes at Incarnate Word.
- The award marks the ninth weekly award of her career and first this season.
Houston will head to the Centennial State where it will faceoff with Colorado State on Nov. 3 and Northern Colorado on Nov. 4.
FOLLOW THE COUGARS!
Fans can keep up with the latest in University of Houston Cougar athletics by following us on Facebook (Facebook.com/HoustonAthletics), Twitter (@UHCougars), Instagram (houstoncougars) and YouTube.com (Youtube.com/UHAthletics). In addition, the swimming & diving team has established its own official Facebook (Facebook.com/UHCougarSwim) and Twitter pages (@UHCougarSwim), which provide regular updates on the team and live results during home meets.