The French Federation (FFN) released a video recapping some of the highlights of last weekend’s nationals short course championships in Angers, as seen through several races and interviews. Most notable are:
- Mélanie Henique‘s French national record in the 50 meter butterfly (25.20), lowering her own mark by .13 (which we wrote about here);
- Jérémy Stravius‘ championship record in the 200 meter butterfly (1:51.33), and near-miss of the French national record (with Franck Esposito, who still holds that record, looking on);
- Damien Joly‘s big win (14:32.75), and near-miss (by 2 seconds) of the French national record in the 1500 meter freestyle; both Joly and second-place Joris Bouchaut (14:35.08) had excellent races and dropped quite a lot of time;
- Interview with up-and-coming backstroker Pauline Mahieu, who won her first national title (58.69), breaking a national age group record for 17-year-old girls that had belonged to Laure Manaudou; Mahieu also broke the NAG record for 16-year-old girls in the 50 meter backstroke (28.07);
- Interview with Fabien Gilot at the start of the meet;
- Interview with Camille Lacourt at the start of the meet;
- A minute of silence for the victims of the attacks in Paris.