The Florida High School Athletic Association’s 2016 state meet series is in full swing, with the Class 2A district meets now complete. The top 24 swimmers from the combined districts in each region will move on to their respective Class 2A Regional Championships.
Below are all the links you need to view district results and regional qualifiers, as well as a list of district champions and highlights from the meets.
- Results for all districts
- Region 1 selection sheet
- Region 2 selection sheet
- Region 3 selection sheet
- Region 4 selection sheet
FHSAA CLASS 2A DISTRICT CHAMPIONS
- District 1: Mosley boys, Mosley girls
- District 2: Stanton boys, Stanton girls
- District 3: Ponte Vedra boys, Ponte Vedra girls
- District 4: Eastside boys, Eastside girls
- District 5: Titusville boys, Titusville girls
- District 6: Sebring boys, Sebring girls
- District 7: Lecanto boys, Lecanto girls
- District 8: Lakewood boys, Land O’Lakes High School girls
- District 9: Jesuit boys, Academy of Holy Names girls
- District 10: Cape Coral High School boys, Port Charlotte High School girls
- District 11: Pompano Beach boys, Suncoast girls
- District 12: Gulliver Prep boys, Gulliver Prep girls
CLASS 2A DISTRICT MEET HIGHLIGHTS
Heading into the region 1 meet, Arnold’s Chad McGuire set himself up with the fastest 100 breast time of any 2A meet so far. McGuire won his district title with a 59.00 in that race.
Bayshore’s Bayley Ober and T.C. Smith lead region 3 in the middle distance freestyles. Ober, a sophomore, picked up her first district title in the 200 free where she clocked a 1:52.17. She then achieved All-American Consideration status in the 500 free with her winning time of 4:55.22. Smith, a senior, swept the boys’ version of those races, posting a 1:43.99 in the 200 free and a 4:35.46 in the 500 free.
American Heritage junior Catharine Cooper set herself up as the fastest sprint freestyler going into the region 4 meet. She currently leads the 50 free with her district-winning time of 24.15. Cooper is also the top seed in the 100 free, where she won her 2nd district title with a 53.35.
St. Brendan’s Irvin Hoost posted the fastest 50 free of anyone in class 2A on the boys side so far, winning a district title in that event with his 21.49 to establish himself as the top seed for the region 4 meet.