The Florida High School Athletic Association’s 2016 state meet series is in full swing, with the Class 3A district meets now complete. The top 24 swimmers from the combined districts in each region will move on to their respective Class 3A Regional Championships.
Below are all the links you need to view district results and regional qualifiers, as well as a list of district champions and highlights from the meets.
- Results for all districts
- Region 1 selection sheet
- Region 2 selection sheet
- Region 3 selection sheet
- Region 4 selection sheet
FHSAA Class 3A District Champions
- District 1: Niceville boys, Niceville girls
- District 2: Lawton Chiles boys, Lincoln Girls
- District 3: Bartram Trail boys, Bartram Trail girls
- District 4: New Smyrna Beach boys, New Smyrna Beach girls
- District 5: Viera boys, Viera girls
- District 6: Winter Haven High School boys, Lakeland girls
- District 7: Venice High School boys, Venice High School girls
- District 8: Osceola boys, Osceola girls
- District 9: Naples High School boys, Gulf Coast girls
- District 10: Martin County boys, Martin County girls
- District 11: Fort Lauderdale boys, Fort Lauderdale girls
- District 12: Doral Academy boys, Doral Academy girls
Class 3A District Meet Highlights
Atlantic Coast’s Tate Callahan came home a double-district champion this week, with wins in the 100 and 200 freestyle. Callahan is now the top seed in both races as heheads into the region 1 meet. His 1:43.51 in the 200 free has him over 2 seconds faster than anyone else, and his 100 free time of 46.51 is over a second ahead of the field.
Bartram Trail’s Summer Stanfield had an impressive showing at the district 3 meet, winning the 200 IM and 100 back to help her team win a district championship. She’s currently the only swimmer in region 1 with a sub-2:10 in the 200 IM, leading the way in 2:06.08. She’s also the top seed in the 100 back with her 57.63.
Naples’ John Scanlon was a force in the middle distance freestyles, winning his district in the 200 and 500 free. Scanlon now leads the pack in the 200 free with his 1:47.58, and the 500 free with his 4:46.51 as he heads to the region 3 meet.
Estero’s Alina Faunce pulled off a successful district double. The senior blew away the field in the 200 IM, winning the race in 2:07.70 to make herself the fastest woman slated to swim the event at the region 3 meet. She’s also top seed in the 100 fly with her 58.09.
Belen Jesuit’s Aitor Fungairino and Doral Academy’s Adrian Aguilar have set up a good 500 free battle for the region 4 meet. Aguilar is the top seed with a 4:40.76 from districts, while Fungairino is just hundredths behind with his 4:40.83. He may not have posted the fastest district time in the 500, but Fungairino does lead the 200 free with his 1:43.05.