Queens (NC) vs Duke
- Saturday, Dec. 3, 2022
- Charlotte, N.C.
- SCY (25 yards)
- Results on Meet Mobile: “Queens v Duke”
- Team Scores
- Women: Duke 165, Queens 92
- Men: Queens 168, Duke 94
Courtesy: Duke Athletics
CHARLOTTE, N.C. – Duke swimming and diving completed the fall slate on Saturday afternoon in Charlotte, facing off against Queens University in a dual meet. The women’s program improved to 4-0 this season, winning 165-92, while the men fell to 2-2 on the year.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Freshman Kaelyn Gridley continued her successful week in the pool, winning the 100-yard breaststroke in Charlotte. Her victory comes just one day since qualifying for the 2024 Olympic Trials.
- Junior Sarah Foley also continued a successful week in the pool, winning the 100-yard and 200-yard breaststroke.
- Sophomore Yixuan Chang swam the fastest 1000-yard freestyle this season for the Blue Devils, clocking a time of 10:03.74.
- Senior Brendan Driscoll posted the fastest time for the Blue Devils this season in the 1000-yard freestyle, swimming a time of 9:27.20
- The Blue Devils’ women’s program extended their winning streak to four meets on Saturday, the most since 2021-22 season when they began with six straight dual meet victories.
Duke women 165, Queens women 92
Queens men 168, Duke men 94
TOP DUKE FINSIHERS BY EVENT:
Women’s 200-Yard Medley Relay: Emma Shuppert, Kaelyn Gridley, Aleyna Ozkan, McKenna Smith (1st), 1:41.60
Men’s 200-Yard Medley Relay: Jack Christian, Cole Reznick, Charlie Gingrich, Coleman Kredich (1st), 1:29.31
Women’s 1000-Yard Freestyle: Yixuan Chang (1st), 10:03.74
Men’s 1000-Yard Freestyle: Brendan Driscoll (2nd), 9:27.20
Women’s 200-Yard Freestyle: Sarah Foley (1st), 1:49.38
Men’s 200-Yard Freestyle: David Hallaron (2nd), 1:38.64
Women’s 100-Yard Backstroke: Easop Lee (1st), 55.32
Men’s 100-Yard Backstroke: Jack Christian (3rd), 50.19
Women’s 100-Yard Breaststroke: Kaelyn Gridley (1st), 1:02.40
Men’s 100-Yard Breaststroke: Cole Reznick (2nd), 55.67
Women’s 200-Yard Butterfly: Martina Peroni (1st), 1:59.64
Men’s 200-Yard Butterfly: Chris Dalla Valle (2nd), 1:53.84
Women’s 50-Yard Freestyle: Sarah Snyder (1st), 23.41
Men’s 50-Yard Freestyle: Coleman Kredich (3rd), 20.35
Women’s 100-Yard Freestyle: McKenna Smith (3rd), 51.91
Men’s 100-Yard Freestyle: Coleman Kredich (2nd), 44.86
Women’s 200-Yard Backstroke: Easop Lee (1st), 2:02.60
Men’s 200-Yard Backstroke: Jack Christian (2nd), 1:50.02
Women’s 200-Yard Breaststroke: Sarah Foley (1st), 2:14.32
Men’s 200-Yard Breaststroke: Cole Reznick (2nd), 2:01.28
Women’s 500-Yard Freestyle: Yixuan Chang (1st), 4:55.17
Men’s 500-Yard Freestyle: Brendan Driscoll (3rd), 4:38.22
Women’s 100-Yard Butterfly: Aleyna Ozkan (1st), 55.12
Men’s 100-Yard Butterfly: Charlie Gingrich (2nd), 49.69
- The Blue Devils will host NC State on Jan. 14, 2023, from the Taishoff Aquatic Center for senior day. Competition will begin at 11 a.m.