2016 ORLANDO PRO SWIM SERIES
- Thursday, March 3- Saturday, March 5
- YMCA of Central Florida Aquatic Center
- Orlando, FL
- Psych Sheet
- Live Stream
- Live Results
- Friday Night Heat Sheet
Natalie Coughlin and Maya DiRado have each scratched one ‘A’ final tonight to focus on another.
Coughlin is forgoing the 50 free, where she qualified sixth with 25.81, for the 100 back, where she qualified fifth with 1:01.87. It’s a good decision for the Cal Aquatics swimmer, given that the events are back-to-back.
Coughlin is currently ranked fifth in the world in the 100 back.
DiRado will be sitting out the 100 back in favor of the 200 fly, the first event of the night. This morning, the Stanford post-grad qualified fifth in the 200 fly with 2:14.77 and seventh in the 100 back with 1:01.98.
Coughlin’s 50 free scratch moves Mexican swimmer Liliana Ibanez Lopez into the ‘A’ final and Fanny Teijonsalo into the ‘B’ final. DiRado’s scratch in the 100 back promotes Silvia Scalia of Italy to the ‘A’ final and Vietnam’s Vien Nguyen into the B final.
The other big scratch for the night comes from Michael Phelps, who will not be swimming his off-event 200 breast tonight. This morning, he qualified fifteenth with 2:20.84.
Also of note, Katie Ledecky scratched out of the C final of the 50 free after clocking 26.32 in prelims.
Here are all of the scratches from the A and B finals according to tonight’s heat sheets:
Women’s 200 fly:
Men’s 200 fly:
- Andrew Gemmell- 15th (Tom Kremer moves into B final)
Women’s 50 free:
- Natalie Coughlin– 6th
Men’s 50 free:
Women’s 100 back:
- Maya DiRado– 7th
Men’s 100 back:
Women’s 200 breast:
Men’s 200 breast:
- Luis Jasso- 13th (Michael Weiss moves into B final)
- Michael Phelps– 15th (Thibaut Capitaine moves into B final)
Women’s 400 free:
- Joanna Maranhao- 10th (Maria Alvarez moves into B final)
- Melanie Margalis– 13th (Delfina Pignatiello moves into B final)
- Sam Cheverton- 15th (Vien Nguyen moves into B final)
Men’s 400 free: