2019 Speedo Champions Series- Cleveland
- July 18-21, 2019
- Cleveland State University-Busbey Natatorium
- Cleveland, OH
- Meet Info
- Meet Mobile: 2019LE Speedo Sectionals at Cleveland State
The meet record-breaking trend continued on the third day of the 2019 Cleveland Sectionals, although only one record fell, compared to multiple records each of the first two days.
On day 3, the only meet to fall was the men’s 50 fly. Four men were actually under the old mark of 24.93, but it was Ohio State Swim Club’s Josef Pohlmann who touched first with a time of 24.41. That’s a new personal best for Pohlmann by almost a second.
While that was the only meet record, there were plenty of other close races. The women’s 100 back was a duel between teenagers, with 16 year-old Sophia Tuinman taking the 100 back in 1:03.04. Tuinman touched just 0.15 ahead of her Club Wolverine teammate, 17 year-old Casey Chung, who won the 50 back the day before.
In the 200 fly, 14 year-old Hannah Bellard of Club Wolverine won in 2:14.47, topping Mackenzie Vargas of FAST, who finished 2nd in 2:14.72. Bellard just 0.03s off her personal best time, which currently ranks her #3 this year in the 13-14 age group.
The Ohio State ‘A’ team won the men’s 800 free relay with a time of 7:37.68. That squad was led by Rusian Gaziev‘s 1:53.61 split, but Paul DeLakis had the fastest split in the field with a 1:52.23 on Ohio State’s ‘B’ relay.
Other Day 3 Winners
- Women’s 100 Breast – Erin Szara (Club Wolverine) – 1:10.55.
- Womens 50 Fly – Anhelina Kutsko (Bearcats)- 27.59
- Men’s 100 Back – Colin McDermott (Ohio State) – 56.78
- Women’s 400 Free – Molly Kowal (Ohio State) – 4:19.19
- Men’s 400 Free – Din Selmanovic (Bearcats) – 3:59.91
- Men’s 200 Fly – Alex Dillmann (Ohio State) – 2:00.37
Team Scores After Day Two:
Top 3 Men’s Teams
- Ohio State Swim Club- 799 points
- Club Wolverine- 427 points
- Bearcat Aquatics- 323.5 points
Top 3 Women’s Teams
- Club Wolverine- 790.5 points
- Ohio State Swim Club- 712.5 points
- Hudson Explorer Aquatic Team- 204 points
Top 3 Combined Teams
- Ohio State Swim Club- 1511.5 points
- Club Wolverine- 1217.5 points
- Bearcat Aquatics – 401.5 points