Courtesy: Coastal Collegiate Sports Association
CHARLOTTE, N.C. – Campbell’s Annie Sanchez earned the CCSA Swimmer of the Week honors, while FGCU’s Reese Wakefield was named the CCSA Diver of the Week, announced Tuesday by the league office. This was the first honor this year for Sanchez while first career honor for Wakefield.
CCSA Swimmer of the Week
Annie Sanchez, Campbell
Sophomore | Midlothain, Va.
- First CCSA Swimmer of the Week honor this year
- Took top honors in the 200 freestyle with a time of 1:53.20 at North Florida on Friday
- Grabbed first place in the same meet in the 100 freestyle (52.13) and the 200 freestyle relay (24.38, 1:36.10)
- Took two more top honors in the 200 freestyle (1:52.85) and the 100 freestyle (51.99) at Georgia Southern on Saturday
- Helped the Camels to take first place in the 400 freestyle relay (3:32.27) with the quickest 100 yard leg (51.81) in the event
CCSA Diver of the Week
Reese Wakefield, FGCU
Freshman | Guelph, Onatrio, Canada
- First career CCSA Diver of the Week honor
- Grabbed top honors in the 1-meter with a score of 259.28
- Also took top honors in the 3-meter with a 271.65