2019 SPEEDO WINTER JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIPS – WEST
- December 11th-14th, 2019
- King County Aquatic Center, Federal Way, Washington
- SCY (25y) Course
- Qualifying Times
- Pre-Scratch Timelines
- Psych Sheets
- Real-Time Results
- Friday AM Heat Sheets
After tying for 1st place in the 50 free on Thursday evening with a 22.21 in finals, Amy Tang has scratched down to just 1 event for Friday morning as well.
The 16-year old will swim the 100 back, where she’s the 6th seed overall (53.55), at the expense of the 100 fly, where she was scheduled as the 8th seed. The races are separated by more than an hour on Friday morning, and by about the same time in finals on Friday evening.
Tang is one of a number of high seeds that dropped out of races pre-session on Friday morning at the Winter Junior Championships – West (which has been happening much more in Federal Way than at its counterpart meet in Atlanta, where most scratches have resulted in empty lanes).
Among the other high seeds to scratch is Julia Stafford, who was the 7th-best entry in the girls’ 400 IM. That was her only scheduled race of the day, after declaring false starts in both of her swims on Thursday.
Bence Szabados scratched the boys’ 200 free as the 5th seed. He retains a swim in the 100 fly, as the 4th seed, on Friday.
Other Top 15 Scratches:
- Jonathan Affeld scratched the boys’ 400 IM as the 6th seed, but is still entered in the 100 fly as the 11th seed and the 200 free as the 5th seed. He finished 3rd in the 200 IM on Thursday, though he scratched the A final of the 500 free.
- Jason Kwok scratched the boys’ 100 breaststroke as the 7th seed. That was one of only two scheduled swims for him this weekend, with the other being Saturday’s 200 breaststroke.
- Anicka Delgado (12th seed) and Taylor Williams (15th seed) both scratched the girls’ 200 free. Delgado finished 5th in the 50 free on Thursday. She still has entries in the 100 back and 100 fly on Friday morning.
- Matt King scratched out of the boys’ 200 free as the 11th seed. He was 2nd in the 50 free, his only race on Thursday, in 19.71 – knocking .12 seconds off his best time coming into the meet.