2018 WOMEN’S NCAA CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Wednesday, March 14th – Saturday, March 17th
- McCorkle Aquatic Pavillion — Columbus, OH
- Prelims 10AM/Finals 6PM (Eastern Time)
- Defending Champion: Stanford (results)
- Live stream: Wednesday/Thursday Prelims & Finals, Friday/Saturday Prelims / Friday/Saturday finals on ESPNU
- Championship Central
- Event-by-Event Previews
- Psych Sheet
- Live Results
For the second time this weekend, officials have granted a re-swim of an event involving a backstroker.
Yesterday, Virginia Tech was allowed to re-swim their 200 medley relay because the meet referee “determined that their leadoff swimmer was not given the same opportunity as other athletes due to a disturbance from an official.”
Indiana’s Marie Chamberlain re-swam the 200 back after the completion of the 200 fly heats Saturday morning, improving her time by just over half a second. Indiana Head Coach Ray Looze told SwimSwam that her backstroke starting ledge “failed,” and that there have been similar issues with the ledges throughout the meet.
In her first swim, she split 26.27/28.93/30.65/31.00 for a final time of 1:56.85. In the re-swim, she split 26.95/29.68/30.02/29.64 for the improved final time of 1:56.29. She moved from 45th to 44th place overall.