For those unfamiliar with the terminology: “Up” means a swimmer who is in the A-final, as those swimmers cannot fall lower than 8th barring a DQ. “Down”is what we’ll call teams in the “B” final, who are bound from 9th-16th places.
Scoring for a 16-place meet: 20-17-16-15-14-13-12-11/9-7-6-5-4-3-2-1, and then doubled for relays.
Minnesota and Indiana are again dominating the finals on day 3 of the 2013 Big Ten Championships. Penn State should extend themselves in 3rd, as it looks unlikely, barring any big surprises, that the top 3 in the standings will change tonight. Purdue will need a big performance from their divers to hold off Michigan and Ohio State for 4th.
A reminder of the team standings after two days of scoring competition, followed by the up/downs for Friday (not including the women’s 3-meter).
1. University of Minnesota 303.5
2. Indiana University 211.5
3. Pennsylvania State University 175
4. Purdue University 142.5
5. Ohio State University 132
6. Wisconsin, University of 116.5
7. Michigan, University of 116
8. University of Nebraska-Lincoln 90
9. Northwestern University 79
10. University of Iowa 58
11. Michigan State University 34
12. University of Illinois 32
|2013 Big Ten Women’s Championship Day 3 Up/Downs (Friday)|
|A Final||B Final||C Final (non-scoring)|