Cedar Park Swimming is seeking a Head Coach to direct all aspects of our year round USA Swimming program producing the highest attainable levels of excellence in instruction as well as individual and team performance, in a positive environment.
The Head Coach will develop the technical and physical skills and talents of each team member, promote teamwork and sportsmanship, and encourage personal development. The Head Coach will also foster positive relationships, mentor, and communicate well with coaching staff, swim team members and parents. The Head Coach is expected to work in partnership with members of the Board of Directors to inform and further the organizational goals and objectives of Cedar Park Swimming. This position is responsible for providing a fun and enjoyable environment while orienting participants to competitive swimming.
Reports to the Board of Directors.
Job Description: Head Coach
Essential Job Functions
- The Head Coach shall organize all team practices.
- Works with Head Age Group and assistant coaches to set training schedules, workout groups and criteria for advancement of all groups; coordinates stroke and training principles.
- Prepares workout schedules/routines for all training groups
- All substitute coaching assignments due to absences are the responsibility of the Head Coach.
- The Head Coach is responsible for the hiring and termination of all coaching staff and to report to the Board of Directors.
- The Head Coach shall provide supervision and direction for all assistant coaches.
- The Head Coach shall provide written goals and objectives for the coaching staff and submit them annually to the board for review.
- The Head Coach shall perform written evaluations of the coaching staff for review annually.
- The Head Coach shall conduct regular staff meetings with coaching staff.
- The Head Coach will schedule all team meets.
- The Head coach shall be responsible for designating the appropriate number of coaches to be in attendance at all team meets. If the Head Coach will not be present at a meet, he/she shall provide the Board of Directors, at least one week in advance, with the names of assistant coaches and/or substitute coaches who will be attending the meet.
- The Head Coach will have the opportunity to attend at least one coaching seminar per calendar year with approval from the Executive Committee. The Swim Association will pay the cost of registration, travel and lodging as allowable within the budget for the given year.
- The Head Coach shall ensure that the coaching staff has met the minimum safety and coaching qualification requirements established by USA Swimming.
- The Head Coach shall attend all regularly scheduled board meetings and:
- Provide the Board of Directors with a monthly review of all team progress and assistant coach performance and make appropriate recommendations.
- Provide the Board of Directors with updates of events relating to STSI and other legislative bodies.
- The Head Coach shall be responsible for the recording of attendance at team practices.
- The Head Coach shall be responsible for maintaining all personnel files, including written reviews and documentation of meetings with employees. All files must be reviewed annually and updated. All employees must have one on one review at least once a year.
- The Head Coach must review, approve and have time reports submitted to treasurer. It is the coach’s responsibility to verify hours and communicate with employees.
Be responsible for:
Maintaining team files monthly
Managing swim clinics.
Providing motivational activities for swimmers.
Coordinating swimming tryouts
Writing and distributing parent communications relative to the team and swimmer activities
Coordinating regular social activities (pizza nights, BBQ”s, etc.).
Creating monthly attendance rosters for coaches.
Parent education communications and meetings.
- At least 8 years swimming coaching experience.
- 4 Years’ experience as Head Swim Coach
- Current USA Swimming membership and coaching certifications (training and safety)
- University degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong communication skills with excellent interpersonal skills to allow effective communication with coaches, swimmers, parents, board members, and officials.
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Commitment to provide and ability to supervise high quality customer service.
- Maintain First Aid, CPR, AED and Water Safety Instructor certifications.
- Plans, organizes and schedules in an efficient, productive manner; anticipates contingencies and demonstrates flexibility.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Connection to the larger Cedar Park community
- Competitive swimming experience, collegiate level a plus
- Experience with Team Unify and Hy-Tek meet manager
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office or equivalent
- Interest and commitment to enhancing the effectiveness of nonprofit organizations
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Commensurate with experience and qualifications
HOW TO APPLY
Submit resume to Cedar Park Swimming at [email protected] by February 21, 2016
About Cedar Park Swimming
The Cedar Park Swimming is a non-profit 501(c) 3 organization governed by a Board of Directors operating for the benefit of the community of Cedar Park, TX. We offer a year round competitive swim program intended to provide a positive swimming experience for the entire spectrum of swimmer; from the beginner to the more experienced athlete under the sanctioning of USA Swimming.
We provide the coaching, facilities, encouragement, and opportunity for athletes to experience a highly rewarding and fun group experience in the sport of swimming while achieving their maximum individual potential.
Swimming News / Swimming Job is courtesy of Cedar Park Swimming.