2017 FINA WORLD AQUATICS CHAMPIONSHIPS – DIVING
Qualifying 4th out of the semi-finals, Xie was on point during the final. He passed his teammate, Olympic champion Cao Yuan, on the fourth round, and never looked back putting up a combined total of 547.10. Xie adds this medal to the 3m synchro silver he won earlier with Cao.
Cao was dominant in the semi-finals, but a few errors late in the final saw him plummet to 10th with a score of 453.70.
Patrick Hausding of Germany held it together while many around him faltered, scoring the silver medal with a score of 526.15. Hausding was the bronze medalist in Rio.
China now owns six of the ten diving golds at the championships with two days remaining.
Men’s 3m Springboard Final Results
- Xie Siyi, CHN, 547.10
- Patrick Hausding, GER, 526.15
- Ilia Zakharov, RUS, 505.90
- Rommel Pacheco, MEX, 501.60
- Jack Laugher, GBR, 500.65
- Jahir Ocomapo, MEX, 487.15
Earlier on were the prelims and semis of the women’s 3m springboard, where Olympic gold medalist Shi Tingmao led the pack with a score of 380.45. Her teammate Wang Han (354.90) was a distant 2nd, and Canadians Pamela Ware (338.25) and Jennifer Abel (337.60) qualified 3rd and 4th.
Women’s 3m Springboard Finalists
- Shi Tingmao, CHN, 380.45
- Wang Han, CHN, 354.90
- Pamela Ware, CAN, 338.25
- Jennifer Abel, CAN, 337.60
- Maddison Keeney, AUS, 324.80
- Nur Dhabitah Sabri, MAS, 321.70
- Kristina Ilinykh, RUS, 311.90
- Grace Reid, GBR, 309.60
- Annabelle Smith, AUS, 306.75
- Inge Jansen, NED, 303.45
- Maria Polyakova, RUS, 294.60
- Julia Vincent, RSA, 289.65