PENNSYLVANIA STATE ATHLETICS CONFERENCE (PSAC) – MEN AND WOMEN
- Dates: Wednesday-Saturday, February 19-22nd
- Location: Graham Aquatic Center, York, Pennsylvania
- Defending Champions: West Chester men (21x); West Chester women (13x)
- Live Results
Courtesy: Pennsylvania State Athletics Conference
- West Chester’s lead increases to 1,248.5 points after day three. IUP remains in second place with 862 points followed by Bloomsburg with 760. Georgia Wright claimsed first place in the 500-yard freestyle in 4:51.18. Callie Paff earned gold in the 100 backstroke while Alyce-Faye Eichelberger finished right behind her in second place for the silver. Madi Grenoble also won gold in the 100 breaststroke in 1:02.05.
- IUP’s Paige Mikesell broke the 200 yard butterfly conference meet record twice today, first swimming a 2:00.25 in the prelims before breaking her own mark with a 1:59.22 in the night finals. Mikesell has now claimed her third individual title, her fourth overall for the week.
- Bloomsburg’s Becca Cubbler grabs silver in the 500 Free while Kiera Wadsworth snagged a third place finish in the 100 backstroke.
- West Chester remains in the lead with 632 points. Bloomsburg follows with 514 points while Gannon sits in third with 385 points. West Chester’s Colin Pettit earned a first-place finish in the 500 freestyle in 4:31.25. Leo Chaves earned another individual gold medal with a win in the 200 butterfly. His teammate, Logan Brockway, came in right behind him to take the silver medal.
- Bloomsburg’s Kyle Dix became a two-time PSAC Champion in the 100-yard breaststroke as he defended his title with a time of 56.00. Dix has now earned four PSAC titles (three relays) after three days.
- Gannon’s Brent Benedict wins his third individual PSAC title with a win in the 100 backstroke. His time of 48.01 marks a new PSAC Record, PSAC Championship Record, program record and qualifies as a NCAA B Cut time. Robert Bolmanski earned second place in the 500 free, recording a 4:32.14 (NCAA B Cut).