2018 TYR PRO SWIM SERIES – ATLANTA
Below, check out race videos of all the Georgia Tech pool records broken (in finals) at the TYR Pro Swim Series – Atlanta from the beginning of March.
A total of nine records were broken in finals, with an additional two broken in prelims (that weren’t lowered at night). Taylor Ruck broke three in the women’s 100 free, 100 back and 200 back, while the other women’s records went to world record holder Sarah Sjostrom in the 100 fly and Ashley Twichell in the 1500.
For the men, two-time World Champion Chase Kalisz lowered his own marks in both the 200 fly and 400 IM, while Ryan Murphy (200 back) and Jack Conger (100 fly) each got one. Andrew Wilson lowered the marks in both the 100 and 200 breast in prelims, ultimately winning both at finals but not going faster than he did in the heats.
Women’s 100 Free
Women’s 100 Back
- New Record: Taylor Ruck, 59.13
- Old Record: Ali DeLoof, 59.86 (2017)
Women’s 200 Back
Women’s 100 Fly
- New Record: Sarah Sjostrom, 56.62
- Old Record: Kelsi Worrell, 57.50 (2017)
- *Sjostrom was 57.49 in prelims which initially broke the record
Women’s 1500 Free
Men’s 200 Back
Men’s 100 Fly
- New Record: Jack Conger, 51.00
- Old Record: Joseph Schooling, 51.86 (2016)