Northeast Conference Women’s Swimming and Diving Championships
- Dates: Wednesday, February 19th – Saturday, February 22nd
- Times: Prelims 11 a.m. / Finals 7 p.m.
- Location: Zesiger Sports & Fitness Center, MIT (Eastern Time Zone)
- Defending Champion: Saint Francis University (x4) (results)
- Psych Sheets
- Live Results
- Live Video
- Championship Central
- Participating Teams: Bryant, Central Connecticut, Mount St. Mary’s, Sacred Heart, St. Francis Brooklyn, Saint Francis University and Wagner
Saint Francis University wasted no time in making their mark on the 2014 Northeast Conference Women’s Championship meet. In the very first event, their 200 medley relay team of Rebecca Peer (26.74), Catherine Rogers (28.19), Libby Francis (24.88), and Danyel Johnson (22.66) combined for 1:42.47, downing the previous record of 1:43.78 by 1.4 seconds, and their school record by 0.5. Second-place Wagner (Anu Nihipali 25.38, Katja Claesson 29.52, Sam Sides 25.05, and Meredith Ketchmark 23.21) were also under the old meet mark, as well as their school record, with 1:43.16. Finishing third was the quartet from Bryant.
The 800 free relay was an exciting back-and-forth between Wagner and Bryant. The latter team was out front through the 400, but a strong second half from Wagner secured the victory for the Seahawks. Sarah Menendez (1:52.37), Grace Baird (1:53.67), Alexandra Cooney (1:52.63), and Meredith Ketchmark (1:49.71) set their school record with 7:28.38. Bryant finished second in 7:29.80, breaking their school record by 8 seconds. Central Connecticut State took third in 7:31.33.
Standings After Day One
1. Wagner College 74
2. Saint Francis University 70
3. Bryant University 66
4. Central Connecticut State University 62
5. Mount Saint Mary’s 56
6. Sacred Heart University 52
7. St. Francis College 48