In what is likely to be the final update before the 2014 USA Swimming Nationals begin in Irvine tomorrow, multiple changes to the psych sheet have occurred. While there may not be any groundbreaking alterations, a number of athletes have made it into the top 30 list of competitors. Many of those swimmers are coming off big performances at Junior Nationals and YMCA Nationals last week.
–Michael Taylor of Dynamo was perhaps the most notable addition to the program, enjoying an impressive seed of ninth in 200 back and 24th in the 100 back. The fifteen-year-old was second in the 100 back at Junior Nationals behind fellow prodigy Michael Andrew and took third in the 200 back.
– In the Women’s 100 Free, Spartaquatics Swim Club’s Katrina Knopka was added to the program. Konopka’s top ranked events will include the 50 and 100 free. She is ranked 33rd in both. In addition to the 50 and 100 free, Konopka will swim the 200 free and 100 fly. She is ranked 79th and 91st, respectively.
– The men’s 100 free will see Dynamo’s Knox Auerbach among the list of competitors. The rising high school senior is seeded 44th in the event with a time of 50.45, swam in the prelims last week at Junior Nationals. Auerbach is coming off a successful Junior Nationals bid in which he took third in the 100 free. Auerbach will also be swimming the 200 free, in which he is seeded 82nd.
– University of Florida sophomore-to-be Eric Stobbe will be swimming the 400, 800 and 1500 freestyles as well as the 200 fly. Stobbe’s top seeds are in the 800 and 1500 free, in which he is seeded 36th. Roger Kriegel was also added to the distance program. The sixteen-year-old will be swimming thee 400, 800 and 1500 freestyle’s in Irvine. His top seed is 37th in the 1500.
– The women’s 100 breast saw the addition of Nashville Aquatics Tatum Wade. Wade will be seeded 31st in the event.
– Victoria Edwards of Longhorn Aquatics saw the highest seeds among female competitors added. The fifteen-year-old is seeded 17th in both the 50 and 100 fly. Edwards took 3rd in the 100 fly and 6th in the 200 fly at last week’s Junior Nationals.
– University of Pittsburgh rising senior Luke Nosbisch was added to the breaststroke program, enjoying high seeds in both the 50 and 100. Nosbisch will be sitting at 19th and 22nd respectively. Nosbisch took fifteenth in the 200 breast at the 2013 AT&T Winter Nationals .
– The women’s 100 back saw an addition of Danielle Galyer and Ashlyn Schoof, seeded 29th and 34th respectively.
– University of Virginia commit Anthony Marcantonio was added to the 400 IM and 800 free. Marcantonio is seeded 29th and 34th respectively.
You can check out the complete updated psych sheet HERE.