7TH FINA WORLD JUNIOR SWIMMING CHAMPIONSHIPS 2019
- 50-Meter Course
- Duna Arena, Budapest (Hungary)
- Pool swimming: Tuesday, August 20 – Sunday, August 25, 2019
- Heats 9:30am GMT+2 (3:30 am EDT / 12:30 am PDT)/ Semifinals and Finals 5:30pm GMT+2 (11:30am EDT / 8:30am PDT)
- Meet site
- Entries book
- FinaTV Live Stream(subscription required)
- Live results
17-year-old Nikoleta Trnikova fired off a new Slovak National Record while competing in the women’s 200m breast final on the last night of competition at the 2019 World Junior Championships.
Trnikova’s personal best heading into these Championships was represented by 2:28.45 she clocked en route to winning the national title at this year’s Slovakian Championships last month. That represented a new National Record. Splits for that clocking included 1:11.89/1:16.56.
The teen already one-upped herself with a morning swim here in Budapest of 2:28.43, shaving .02 off of that mark, to claim the 8th seed for tonight’s 2breast final.
But, Trnikova went on to knock her PB down to entirely new territory come tonight’s race, as she entered sub-2:28 territory for the first time of her career. Splitting 1:12.18/1:15.78, Trnikova produced a time of 2:27.96, improving her 8th seed to a 7th place finish. That re-writes her own senior National Record in the process.
Women’s 200 Breast Podium:
- Evgenia Chikunova, Russia 2:24.03
- Anastasia Makarova, Russia 2:24.39
- Mei Sihihara, Japan 2:24.99