Video courtesy of Indiana State University and Coleman Hodges.
Over the last ten months Indiana State University has been building a new swimming & diving program from the ground up, and the Sycamores have partnered with SwimSwam to give you a front row seat to the process.
In this installment, new Indiana State assistant coach Rebecca Westfall talks about her coaching philosophy, both in terms of training and personal growth.
Westfall was an 8-time All-American at Texas A&M University, competing under her maiden name of Sturdy. She’s already had coaching stints with Texas A&M, Adams State College, Emory & Henry College, Warren Wilson College and UNC Asheville. You can read more about her hiring here.
This video serves as the 13th installment of a series giving an inside glimpse into the building of a new program, a partnership between the Indiana State Sycamores and SwimSwam. You can watch the other videos here:
- The Beginning of Indiana State Swimming and Diving
- Indiana State’s Inuagural Recruiting Season
- New Indiana State Aquatic Center Grand Opening
- Indiana State Announces Fall Recruits
- Indiana State Preps for Inaugural Season
- Indiana State Announces Spring Recruits
- Matt Leach Talks Recruiting Philosophy
- Matt Leach Explains Absence of Divers in Inaugural Class
- Indiana State Looks To West Coast Talent Pool
- Rebecca Westfall on Leaving UNC Asheville
- Rebecca Westfall On Building A New Program
- Hogwarts Housing For Indiana State Freshmen