Video courtesy of Indiana State University and Coleman Hodges.
Over the last ten months Indiana State University has been building a new swimming & diving program from the ground up, and the Sycamores have partnered with SwimSwam to give you a front row seat to the process.
In this installment, new Indiana State assistant coach Rebecca Westfall talks about the decision to leave UNC Asheville and take the leap into starting a brand-new program from the ground up.
Westfall was an 8-time All-American at Texas A&M University, competing under her maiden name of Sturdy. She’s already had coaching stints with Texas A&M, Adams State College, Emory & Henry College, Warren Wilson College and UNC Asheville. You can read more about her hiring here.
This video serves as the tenth installment of a series giving an inside glimpse into the building of a new program, a partnership between the Indiana State Sycamores and SwimSwam. You can watch the other videos here:
- The Beginning of Indiana State Swimming and Diving
- Indiana State’s Inuagural Recruiting Season
- New Indiana State Aquatic Center Grand Opening
- Indiana State Announces Fall Recruits
- Indiana State Preps for Inaugural Season
- Indiana State Announces Spring Recruits
- Matt Leach Talks Recruiting Philosophy
- Matt Leach Explains Absence of Divers in Inaugural Class
- Indiana State Looks To West Coast Talent Pool