TWST Head Age Group Coach
The Woodlands Swim Team (“TWST”) is actively recruiting a Head Age Group Coach. We are seeking a top tier coach to take our age group program to the next level while continuing to honor the strong traditions associated with TWST. Our swimmers have won more Texas Age Group Championships than any other team in the history of the event. Our main training facility is the CISD Natatorium, an 8 lane 50 meter or 20 lane 25 yard pool. We also use three outdoor heated community pools with 6 lanes/ 25 yards at each location. In addition to our competitive team of 400+swimmers, we have a non-competitive training group and a learn to swim program.
Candidates must have a strong background in stroke mechanics, drylands and development of a strong age group program while instilling leadership, ownership and confidence in every swimmer.
Qualifications for Head Age Group Coach
- 8 years or more competitive coaching with a minimum of 5 years leading high-level age group swimmers.
- Charismatic leader and team player with the following traits: takes initiative, understands how to lead by example, enthusiastic, energetic and able to motivate.
- History of working successfully with head coach in developing competitive, high-performance swimmers and successfully progressing them from an age group program to the national level.
- Ability to effectively communicate goals and progressions to swimmers and parents.
- Able to create and nurture environment of excellence in sport through aerobic/anaerobic training, drills, drylands and racing.
- Understands and clearly communicates proper stroke development and techniques from age group to senior swimmers and can motivate swimmers to achieve their potential.
- ASCA Level 5 certification or equivalent experience.
- Proficient with Team Manager and Team Unify.
- Member in good standing with USA Swimming and current with all background checks and required certifications.
This is a full-time position with benefits and a 401K option.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Specific job responsibilities available upon request.
We will be accepting applications through the end of December 2015.
The right candidate should be prepared to join the staff as soon as possible, but no later than March 2016 (beginning of upcoming long course season). This is a great opportunity to become a part of one of the best programs in the United States. Please send resume and cover letter with references to Tim Bauer – Head Coach of TWST at [email protected]
HOW TO APPLY
Send resume to Tim Bauer at [email protected]
Swimming News / Swimming Job is courtesy of The Woodlands Swim Team.
The fee to post a Swim Job is $50. If you have an open position in the Aquatic Jobs / Lifeguard Jobs market, submit here.