QuickSilver Swimming seeks 10 & Under Head Site Coach.
Manage Almaden Swim and Racquet (ASRC) site practices and staff.
Coach daily practices and ensure continuous development of swimmers into Senior and National track programs.
- Follow QuickSilver team philosophy, mission statement, and practice procedures.
- Manage ASRC coaching and practice structure:
- Assign coaches to ASRC practice groups.
- Lead or assist ASRC practice groups.
- Coordinate with QSS Site Coordinator on seasonal practice schedules.
- Ensure all schedules follow the ASRC lease agreement.
- Take daily attendance at practices.
- Require ASRC coaches to use consistent coaching language and drills.
- Schedule meetings with the ASRC coaches to keep the staff unified; ensure staff attends all QSS coaches meetings.
- Regularly review and ensure accuracy of ASRC rosters. Email families who have not attended practices in a while for follow-up.
- Enforce all ASRC rules and the integrity of the private ASRC membership:
- Respect ASRC club members and be helpful when approached.
- Understand ASRC-QSS lease agreement
- Manage staff and swimmers to ensure rules are followed.
- Utilize Team Unify meet entries system, roster updates, and email communication.
- Communicate with ASRC General Manager:
- Notify GM of practice schedules and any changes.
- Communication to parents, coaches and Board:
- Respond to all emails within 48 hours.
- Write updates and announcements on the ASRC whiteboard.
- Responsible for meet success for site:
- Remind swimmers and families to enter upcoming meets.
- Check how many swimmers from ASRC are entered in upcoming meets on SwimConnection, TeamUnify, or relevant online database.
- Staff ASRC coaches based on number of ASRC swimmers entered in meet.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & EXPERIENCE
• Minimum education required: College degree.
• Minimum experience required: 5 years coaching experience; 2 years administrative experience.
• Desired Qualifications: Fun, spunky personality; Management experience; Former swimmer including collegiate level preferred; track record of staying with a team for a long duration; positive reference from a USA Swimming and/or Collegiate program.
• Reports to: Site Coordinator, Head Age Group Coach, and Head Coach
• FLSA Classification: Fulltime Exempt
• Supervisions: ASRC assistant coaches
• Skills required: Communicate the swim team program to parents; handle inquiries in a timely and professional manner; ability to work well with the public and private club membership.
• Program Knowledge: Team Unify and OnDeck, Swim Connection, OME, USA Swimming and Deck Pass, and Microsoft Office.
• Physical Job Description: Standing on deck throughout practice hours and swim meets.
Considerable computer work required.
Manage Almaden Swim and Racquet site practices and staff. Coach daily practices and ensure continuous development of swimmers into Senior and National track programs.
HOW TO APPLY
Email cover letter and resume to [email protected]
ABOUT QUICKSILVER SWIMMING
QuickSilver Swimming strives to have a nationally recognized competitive aquatics program that teaches and trains all levels of swimmers, emphasizing individual progress, team unity, family participation, and competition at the highest individual level. QuickSilver is a USA-S Level 1 Club Recognition and Bronze Level Club Excellence club.
Swimming News / Swimming Job is courtesy of QuickSilver Swimming.