Columbia Swim Club (CSC) is seeking an outstanding, experienced Age Group Coach to join a vibrant coaching and training environment in Columbia, MO. Candidates must demonstrate: successful experience at multiple levels of coaching; a passion for the sport; the ability to communicate broadly within the Club; and positively represent the Club within the LSC and nationally. It is expected that the successful candidate will continue to grow and advance the senior groups of the Club, fostering an environment that develops all levels of swimmers, including at national levels. The ideal candidate will be able to start September 1, 2015.
This position is responsible for ensuring the overall integrity of the elite age group program at the Mizzou Aquatic Center, and reports to the Head Coach. This position is also provides oversight for all programs and staff at the Mizzou Aquatic Center while working closely with the Head Coach to ensure seamless philosophies between the age group and senior programs. This position includes multiple administrative duties including (but not limited to) website updates and maintenance, team management via Team Unify and Marketing for the club. Columbia Swim Club creates opportunity for swimmers to merge passion and commitment with expertise resulting in the highest level of personal performance.
• Directs all aspects of the elite age group programming at Mizzou Aquatics Center including, season planning, water and dryland workouts
• Supervises assistant hourly staff
• Coaches a minimum of one group
• Guides recruitment & retention of swimmers
• Works with Head Age Group and Head Developmental coaches to set training schedules, workout groups and criteria for advancement of all groups; coordinates stroke and training principles
• Mentors/monitors the coaches for the senior groups and pre-senior groups
• Determines meet participation (including travel trips)
• Oversees parent education for group(s)
• Maintains and updates CSC Website
• Provides team marketing including: Press releases, consulting with associate head coach on recruitment and advertising and planning special events
• Assists with team management though Team Unify software
• Strong work ethic & passion for the sport required
• 4+ years coaching experience required
• 3+ years proven leadership/staff supervision preferred
• Proven coaching record with excellent swimmer progression/results
• Proven ability to mentor/ motivate staff to reach potential
• Working knowledge of Team Unify & Hy-Tek TM required
• Microsoft Office and Google Docs proficiency required
• Current USA Swimming membership/certifications required
HOW TO APPLY
Email resume and cover letter to [email protected]
ABOUT COLUMBIA SWIM CLUB
CSC, a member of the Missouri Valley LSC, is a successful and growing club, having been recognized by USA Swimming with Bronze Medal Club and Level 3 Club status. Over 200 swimmers comprise the year-round club, training and racing at the state-of-the-art Mizzou Aquatic Center located at the University of Missouri. Salary and benefits package are highly competitive and Columbia, MO is consistently nationally ranked as one of the best Midwestern communities.
Swimming News / Swimming Job is courtesy of CSC.