***This position has been filled***
About the Team:
Central Iowa Aquatics (CIA) is a Bronze Medal club with Level 3 USA Swimming club recognition. We are located in Des Moines, Iowa and typically have 150 to 200 year-round registered swimmers. We are one of the top teams in the Iowa LSC (ISI) winning 10 ISI Championships in the past 5 years. CIA has produced Futures qualifiers, Junior National qualifiers, an Olympic Trials qualifier and currently has several top 20 nationally ranked swimmers. CIA is a non-profit, board supported swim program. We are searching for an energetic head coach to develop our swimmers, continue our success at the LSC level and increase our regional and national presence. (www.centraliowaaquatics.org)
About the Position/Responsibilities:
The selected applicant will be responsible for all aspects of operating a year-round competitive swim program. Duties will include:
• Directing the organization for the club’s mission and vision.
• Hiring, supervising/educating, and terminating all assistant coaches, and determining assistant coaches’ salaries within the coaching budget.
• Organize and oversee CIA summer/winter seasonal swim programs.
• Be a positive role model, maintain high ethical and moral standards, and adhere to USA Swimming’s Coach’s Code of Conduct.
• Design and oversee seasonal training for all groups.
• Directly coach the Senior Group.
• Direct staff meetings as needed.
• Set workout schedules.
• Set team meet schedule for all groups and staff scheduled meets.
• Oversee team travel arrangements.
• Determine workout group for each athlete and update group requirements/progression as needed.
• Oversee all facility use agreements.
• Assist in marketing the swim team and act as media liaison.
• Assist and support all fundraising activities.
• Attend Iowa LSC meetings.
• Provide a monthly report and attend Board of Directors meeting.
• Hold periodic parent meetings to educate and inform parents.
Prospective employees must be USA-Swimming registered swim coach and able to pass USA-Swimming background check and USA-Swimming Athlete Protection Program.
ASCA Certified Level 4 or above preferred
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
Start date flexible depending on applicant responsibilities.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants are encouraged to email cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
Swimming News / Swimming Job is courtesy of Central Iowa Aquatics.