Aqua Lung seeks Outside Sales Representative – South East Region
Responsible for providing professional sales support to the Sporting Goods Division in the South East Region – TN, NC, SC, GA, FL, AL, MS. Typical functions would include managing assigned territory by directly soliciting business, developing forecasts to support territory sales, managing customer orders and follow through activities to support sales, communicating customer compliance instructions with various departments to ensure a high level of customer service, coordinate and participate in events to increase sales and brand awareness, work with Specialty Sales Manager to execute marketing collateral to support sales, and providing day-to-day support to meet customer needs. Also, may include customer and overall territory sales analysis reporting, and working with the Credit Department to resolve charge back and/or credit issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
***include the following, and other duties may be assigned.
• Actively seek out direct contact and communication with existing and potential customers to solicit sporting goods sales within assigned territory and channels
• Responsible for managing and follow through of territory sales strategies by customer, channel and products as determined by Specialty Sales Manager
• Responsible for conducting customer presentations, event activation and sales analysis
• Develop annual product forecasts for assigned accounts and territory.
• Develop and maintain customer specific Excel quote document to include assortment costs, pricing, retails and forecasts
• Disciplined to work independently, possesses effective time management skills and efficient trip planning skills
• Must gain and communicate knowledge of company products, services, distribution and brand strategies
• Educate and motivate existing, under achieving, and potential accounts to sell product through line presentations, merchandising plans, product knowledge clinics and booking programs
• Provide services for customers such as requesting, gathering and sending samples, packaging, product information, catalogs and price lists, power point presentations, vendor documents, marketing materials, displays, product training clinics, etc.
• Prepare required external and internal documents to ensure orders are processed and shipped properly
• Understand, maintain and communicate customer compliance instructions to relevant departments and/or individuals to ensure timely shipments without charge backs.
• Provide a high level of customer service and possess excellent communication skills
• Must be able to travel – make sales calls, participate in trade shows and sales meetings
• Must have experience and be knowledgeable of customer service, order management and account management.
• Must be able to work and communicate well with customers, sales and marketing staff as well as various inter-company departments.
• Must have solid organization and trip planning skills .
• Exhibits professionalism, honesty, integrity, courtesy and respect in all dealings with fellow employees, guests, vendors, customers or others with whom the company conducts business.
• Requires individual to follow Company’s objectives and work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
• Must be very organized and able to manage multiple customer’s orders, marketing needs and conflicting priorities.
• Must have excellent customer service skills and possess excellent control of the English language and have good communication and phone skills.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Minimum 3-5 years field sales experience in Swim Specialty, Triathlete (multi channel – swim/bike/run) or Sporting Goods channels.
• Bachelor’s degree from a 4 year university or college or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Prefer candidate with extensive knowledge of the apparel industry, specifically swimwear
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with management staff, employees and others with whom the company conducts business
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software package (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, etc.).
HOW TO APPLY
Submit resume and cover letter to [email protected]
– Aqua Lung America, Inc. (AQA) is an equal opportunity employer.
– We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.
– AQA participates in the United States Department of Homeland Security’s E-Verify program.
– AQA promotes a drug and alcohol free work environment.
ABOUT AQUA LUNG AMERICA
Aqua Lung America, Inc. specializes in the development, manufacture and distribution of technical life support, water, safety, personal fitness and recreation products. We are looking for a talented individual who can support our Mission of providing “personal aquatic equipment for recreational and professional use”.
At Aqua Lung we expect our employees to lead others with respect, be courageous to embrace and drive change, be mindful of our environmental impact, be efficient while being responsible to our customers, and above all else to be honest and do the right thing as we work to together to succeed as a team and achieve company goals.
Swimming News / Swimming Job is courtesy of Aqua Lung.