2018 U.S. OPEN WATER NATIONAL / JUNIOR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Friday, May 4 – Sunday, May 6
- Town Lake, Tempe, Arizona
- Meet Central
- Meet Info
- Start Lists
- Course Map
- Open Water World Junior Selection
Due to an anticipated rise in temperature in Tempe, Sunday’s Open Water National races have been moved up by USA Swimming. As reported yesterday, the temperature was expected to reach its highest of the weekend on Sunday at 106 degrees.
The national 5K events, originally scheduled for 8:00 am (men) and 8:05 (women), have been bumped up by half an hour to 7:30 and 7:35. The junior national 7.5K, consisting of swimmers aged 16 and 17, have been moved up from 11:00 and 11:05 to 9:30 and 9:35.
- Men’s National 5K: 8:00 -> 7:30 am
- Women’s National 5K: 8:05 -> 7:35 am
- Boys Junior National 7.5K: 11:00 -> 9:30 am
- Girls Junior National 7.5K: 11:05 -> 9:35 am
Bumping up the 7.5K by an hour and a half will enable racing to be done around 11:00 am (compared to around 12:30 pm with the original schedule), ensuring the safety of the athletes with water temperature expected to rise as the afternoon progresses.