ELMHURST, Ill. – IUPUI’s Jon Stoller was named Summit League Men’s Swimmer of the Week while teammate Miranda Buha earned Women’s Swimmer of the Week award for their performances during the week of Nov. 16-22.
JON STOLLER, IUPUI
So. // Middlebury, Ind.
- Earned his first career Summit League Swimmer of the Week honor
- The sophomore broke four school records (200 IM, 400 IM, 100 Breast, 200 Breast) at the three-day House of Champions hosted by IUPUI
- Set a new meet record of 2:00.73 in the 200 Breast, nearly a full second faster than the previous record
- All four of his new school records are the best times in The Summit League so far this season
Also nominated: Chris Neaveill, Western Illinois; Steve Fishman, Eastern Illinois; Ben Bolinske, South Dakota State; Hunter Padgett, South Dakota.
Previous honorees: Oct. 13 – Hunter Padgett, South Dakota; Oct. 20 – Wyatt Rumrill, South Dakota State; Oct. 27 – Ray Bornman, Denver; Nov. 3 – Lennart Kuester, IUPUI; Nov. 10 – Dylan Bunch, Denver; Nov. 17 – Ben Bolinske, South Dakota State.
MIRANDA BUHA, IUPUI
Jr. // Novi, Mich.
- Named Summit League Swimmer of the Week for the first time in her career
- The junior collected six (three individual, three relay) top-two finishes at the annual prestigious House of Champions meet
- Her winning time of 51.52 in the 100 Free is second fastest in IUPUI history and second fastest this season in the league
- She also posted the best times in The Summit League with her 50 Free (23.61 prelim) and 100 Fly (55.66) times
- Contributed to two new school records in the 200 and 400 freestyle relays, helping the Jags take second at the meet
Also nominated: Natalie Renshaw, Omaha; Andie Villez, Western Illinois; Kelsey Ferguson, Eastern Illinois; Sam Schuttinger, South Dakota.
Previous honorees: Oct. 13 – Quinn Fawcett, South Dakota; Oct. 20 – Johanna Roas, Denver; Oct. 27 – Amanda Sanders, Denver; Nov. 3 – Morgan Stepp, Omaha; Nov. 10 – Johanna Roas, Denver; Nov. 17 – Kristin Erf, South Dakota State.
Swimming news courtesy of Summit League Conference.