7th FINA World Junior Swimming Championships 2019
- 50-Meter Course
- Duna Arena, Budapest (Hungary)
- Pool swimming: Tuesday, August 20 – Sunday, August 25, 2019
- Heats 9:30am GMT+2 (3:30 am EDT / 12:30 am PDT)/ Semifinals and Finals 5:30pm GMT+2 (11:30am EDT / 8:30am PDT)
- Meet site
- Entries book
- FinaTV Live Stream (subscription required)
- Live results
Friday, 23 August 2019
Day Four Finals heat sheets
Anastasiya Shkurdai of Belarus and Claire Curzan of the United States have both scratched the semi-finals of the women’s 50 backstroke on Friday evening at 2019 FINA World Junior Swimming Championships, while Sweden’s Robin Hanson has dropped out of semi-finals of the men’s 50 butterfly.
Shkurdai, 16, was seeded fifth in the 50 back with 28.45. She placed 13th in prelims this morning, going 29.33 and qualifying for semi-finals. Curzan, 15, who came into the meet seeded ninth with 28.58, swam 28.77 in heats to qualify eighth overall. Both pulled out of the semi-finals to concentrate on the 50 butterfly final tonight. Shkurdai is the top seed in that event with a time of 25.85 in last night’s semi-finals. Curzan is seeded second with 26.07.
Two reservists will swim in the backstroke semis in their place: Lena Grabowski of Austria, who was 17th in heats with 29.61, and Erika Gaetani of Italy, 18th with 29.62.
Hanson, seeded ninth with 24.17, placed 12th in heats going 24.30. He withdrew from the semi-finals to focus on tonight’s 50 free final where he is seeded sixth.
Friday night’s events:
- Women’s 50 back semi-finals – #8 Claire Curzan USA, #13 Anastasiya Shkurdai BLR
- Men’s 200 breast final – no scratches
- Women’s 50 fly final – no scratches
- Men’s 50 back final – no scratches
- Women’s 100 breast final – no scratches
- Men’s 50 fly semi-finals – #12 Robin Hanson SWE
- Women’s 400 free final – no scratches
- Men’s 50 free final – no scratches
- Women’s 200 IM final – no scratches
- Mixed 4×200 free – no scratches
Competition begins at 5:30 p.m. local time in Budapest (11:30 EDT / 8:30 PDT).