7th FINA World Junior Swimming Championships 2019
- 50-Meter Course
- Duna Arena, Budapest (Hungary)
- Pool swimming: Tuesday, August 20 – Sunday, August 25, 2019
- Heats 9:30am GMT+2 (3:30 am EDT / 12:30 am PDT)/ Semifinals and Finals 5:30pm GMT+2 (11:30am EDT / 8:30am PDT)
- Meet site
- Entries book
- FinaTV Live Stream (subscription required)
- Live results
Friday, 23 August 2019
Anastasiya Shkurdai of Belarus and Claire Curzan of the United States have both scratched the semi-finals of the women’s 50 backstroke on Friday evening at 2019 FINA World Junior Swimming Championships, while Sweden’s Robin Hanson has dropped out of semi-finals of the men’s 50 butterfly.
Shkurdai, 16, was seeded fifth in the 50 back with 28.45. She placed 13th in prelims this morning, going 29.33 and qualifying for semi-finals. Curzan, 15, who came into the meet seeded ninth with 28.58, swam 28.77 in heats to qualify eighth overall. Both pulled out of the semi-finals to concentrate on the 50 butterfly final tonight. Shkurdai is the top seed in that event with a time of 25.85 in last night’s semi-finals. Curzan is seeded second with 26.07.
Hanson, seeded ninth with 24.17, placed 12th in heats going 24.30. He withdrew from the semi-finals to focus on tonight’s 50 free final where he is seeded sixth.
Friday night’s events:
- Women’s 50 back semi-finals – #8 Claire Curzan USA, #13 Anastasiya Shkurdai BLR
- Men’s 200 breast final – no scratches
- Women’s 50 fly final – no scratches
- Men’s 50 back final – no scratches
- Women’s 100 breast final – no scratches
- Men’s 50 fly semi-finals – #12 Robin Hanson SWE
- Women’s 400 free final – no scratches
- Men’s 50 free final – no scratches
- Women’s 200 IM final – no scratches
- Mixed 4×200 free – no scratches
Competition begins at 5:30 p.m. local time in Budapest (11:30 EDT / 8:30 PDT).