2021 TURKISH SUMMER CHAMPIONSHIPS
- June 22-26,2021
- Edirne, Turkey
- Long Course Meters (50 meters)
Two more National Records fell at the Turkish Summer Championships, the 18th, and 19th Turkish National Records to be broken this year.
On Friday, Selen Ozbilen broke her own National Record in 100 free with a time of 54.68. She set the previous record at 54.79 in May. Ozbilen time-trialed the event again on Saturday, but she swam a 54.90.
On Saturday, Sanberk Oktar crushed the Turkish National Record in the men’s 200 IM with a time of 2:00.61. The previous record was set by Metin Aydin in 2019 at 2:00.95.
Both records were broken during time trial swims.
Other notable swims include Ekaterina Avramova‘s two 100 back time trials after she broke her own National Record on Thursday (1:00.48). She posted times of 1:00.55 and 1:00.77.
The closest someone else came to cracking a National Record was Mert Satir who time-trialed the 100 back on Saturday and touched the wall at 55.08, just .16 off his own National Record from May.
Turkish National Record holder Baturalp Unlu time-trialed the 100 free on Saturday, posting a 1:47.34 to come within one-third of a second of his National Record from December. Unlu also contested the 200 free on Friday, winning the event with a time of 1:48.25, about 1.2 seconds off his National Record from December.
Defne Tacyildiz came within half a second of her National Record in the 200 fly on Saturday, posting a time of 2:09.82 during a time trial. She set that record in February.
The same feat happened in the men’s 50 fly where Emir Simsek took down National Record holder Ümit Gures by .06 to win the final. Gures’ record still stands at 23.70 from 2018. Both Ozkan and Simsek finished in 2nd place
TURKISH RECORDS BROKEN IN 2021 (JANUARY 1, 2021 – JUNE 26, 2021)
- Men’s 800 free: Mert Kilavuz (7:54.77)
- Men’s 800 free: Yiğit Aslan (7:51.60)
- Men’s 1500 free: Mert Kilavuz (15:06.42)
- Men’s 100 back: Mert Ali Satir (54.92)
- Men’s 200 back: Berke Saka (1:57.36)
- Men’s 50 fly: Umitcan Gures (23.67)
- Men’s 100 fly: Umitcan Gures (51.91)
- Men’s 200 IM: Sanberk Yigit Oktar (2:00.94)
- Men’s 4×100 medley relay: Saka, Ogretir, Gures, Sakci (3:35.98)
- Women’s 100 free: Selen Ozbilen (54.79)
- Women’s 400 free: Beril Bocekler (4:06.68)
- Women’s 800 free: Merve Tuncel (8:26.06)
- Women’s 100 back: Ekaterina Avramova (1:00.48)
- Women’s 200 fly: Defne Tecyildiz (2:09.37)
- Women’s 4×200 free relay: Guvenc, Bocekler, Tuncel, Ertan (8:02.76)
- Women’s 4×100 medley relay: Avramova, Gunes, Ustundag, Ozbilen (4:04.01)
- Mixed 4×200 free relay: Unlu, Turan, Tuncel, Ertan (7:44.02)
- Women’s 100 free: Selen Ozbilen (54.68)
- Men’s 200 IM: Sanberk Oktar (2:00.61)