Reported by Lauren Neidigh.
WOMEN’S 100 FLY:
- GOLD: Sarah Sjostrom, 56.62
- SILVER: Kelsi Dahlia Worrell, 57.48
- BRONZE: Penny Oleksiak, 58.36
Sarah Sjostrom was a few tenths shy of her Prop Swim Series Record, but still crushed the Pool Record. She was out in 26.20, dominating the field by nearly a second as she finished. Kelsi Worrell was also under her own former Pool Record for the silver in 57.48, followed by Canadian Olympic medalist Penny Oleksiak. Fellow Canadian junior standout Rebecca Smith touched 4th in 58.50, while Indiana postgrad Amanda Kendall touched 5th in 58.82.
WOMEN’S 100 FREE:
- Pro Swim Series Record: 53.12- Sarah Sjostrom, Austin 2016
- Pool Record: 53.82- Simone Manuel, 2017
- GOLD: Taylor Ruck, 53.37
- SILVER: Sarah Sjostrom, 53.43
- BRONZE: Mallory Comerford, 54.06
Canadian junior star Taylor Ruck swam to another Pro Swim Series title. Sarah Sjostrom was out slightly faster, but Ruck had the back-end speed to win it. Louisville’s Mallory Comerford, who has the NCAA Championships coming up in a couple of weeks, picked up a bronze as she outswam Indiana pstgrad Margo Geer (54.20) and Italian Olympic medalist Federica Pellegrini (54.26) on the back half.