2019 Pacific Swimming Junior Olympics
- December 6th-8th, 2019
- Gunderson High School, San Jose, California
- Short Course Yards (25y) course
- Results on Meet mobile: “2019 Junior Olympic SC Winter Championships”
A quartet of 10 & under swimmers from the Santa Clara Swim Club has broken the National Age Group Record in the mixed 200 yard medley relay.
Swimming at the 2019 Pacific Swimming 14 & Under Junior Olympics on Friday, the relay of Luka Mijatovic, Mia Su, Isabel Wu, and Shareef Elaydi combined for a 2:01.76. That breaks the old record of 2:02.13 that was set in 2018 by the Chicago Wolfpack Aquatic Club. That old relay included swimmres Kale Chow, John Spellers, Raquel Maldonado, and Alexia Brockmann. That team still holds the 200 yard mixed free relay record for the age group.
Santa Clara Splits:
- Mijatovic – 29.71 – backstroke
- Su – 34.70 – breaststroke
- Wu – 29.89 – butterfly
- Elaydi – 27.46 – freestyle
USA Swimming began recognizing mixed-gender relay National Age Group Records in 2018, and earlier this summer released the benchmark times required to set records.
The 10 & under age group at Santa Clara is led by Mark Taliaferro.