CONFERENCE USA – WOMEN
- Wednesday, February 27 – Saturday, March 2
- Georgia Tech Aquatics Center, Atlanta, GA (Eastern Time Zone)
- Defending Champion: Florida International (4x) (results)
- Live results
- Live Video: Feb. 28- WATCH | March 1- WATCH | March 2- WATCH
- Championship Central
- Day 1 Results PDF
- Day 2 Results PDF
- Full results (will be added when available)
FINAL TEAM SCORES
1. Florida International Univ. 935.5 2. Rice University 872.5 3. North Texas, University of 522 4. Marshall University 447 5. Florida Atlantic University 349 6. Old Dominion University 275
In an action-packed final day of competition at C-USAs, FIU hung on to win the team title over Rice, thanks to 4 event wins on the day. Additionally, FIU senior Naomi Ruele gave herself a really good shot at receiving an invitation to the NCAAs in a few weeks.
Ruele posted a speedy 48.45 to win the 100 free in dominant fashion. The time currently sits in the low 30s for its ranking in the NCAA this season. Ruele also anchored the winning FIU 400 free relay in 48.47. Sara Gyertyanffy led the relay off in 51.04, followed by Helga Fodor (49.69) and Megan Bowen (49.46) for a final time of 3:18.66.
Oceane Peretti, an FIU senior, took the mile with a time of 16:22.73. Unsurprisingly, FIU had a monster team performance in diving. Maha Gouda led the team charge yet again, this time in platform diving, winning in a 1-2-3-4-5 effort from FIU.
Ellery Parish (Rice) took the 200 back after running down FIU freshman Holly Shephard on the final 50. Parish split a 29.84 to Shephard’s 30.58, touching in 1:56.75 and 1:56.93 respectively. Marie-Claire Schillinger (Rice) posted yet another possible NCAA qualifying time, this time in the 200 breast. Schillinger won the event by 3 seconds, clocking a 2:09.67. Our projected NCAA cut for this year is 2:09.80, giving her an excellent shot at an invite between both breaststroke events. Rice picked up a 3rd win, with Lindsay Mathys posting a 1:58.49 in the 200 fly to be the only swimmer in the field to break 2 minutes