2018 CANADIAN NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Thursday, April 5 – Sunday, April 8, 2018
- Olympic Park Sports Centre, Montreal, Quebec
- Long Course Meters
- Live results
Pickrem, who competes for Texas A&M, won the 200 breast on day 1, and has followed up with solid showings in the 200 free and 200 IM over the last two days. In a very close 200 free final, she placed 3rd in 1:59.82 behind Mackenzie Padington (1:59.74) and Kennedy Goss (1:59.75), both of whom also compete in the NCAA. She opted to sit out of the 400 IM, arguably her best event, but came back with a decisive win in the 200 IM, putting up a time of 2:11.31.
Acevedo has compiled three wins over days 2 and 3, taking the 100 back (54.65), 200 IM (2:01.99), and 50 back (25.43). Robert Hill was the runner-up in both the 200 IM (2:02.99) and 50 back (26.07), while Sebastian Somerset took 2nd in the 100 back in 56.02.
Another swimmer who has impressed in Montreal is Alexander Pratt of the Cascade Swim Club, who announced his presence on the scene with some very impressive swims at the Ontario Junior International meet at the end of 2017. He won both the 200 free (1:49.39) and 400 free (3:52.32), with Barrie’s Adrian Vanderhelm (1:51.46) and Calgary’s Peter Brothers (3:54.40) finishing as runners-up.
- Relay Olympic medalist Sandrine Mainville handily won the women’s 50 fly in 26.50, while Owen Daly won the men’s race in 23.99.
- Daly also tied for gold in the 100 fly, clocking 53.61 along with Alexandre Perreault.
- Danielle Hanus won the women’s 100 back in 1:00.54 over Maggie MacNeil (1:02.04). They also went 1-2 in the 100 fly, with MacNeil on top in 58.98.
- Victoria Kwan (4:51.50) and Josh Zakala (4:21.75) emerged victorious in the women’s and men’s 400 IM.
- Youngster Avery Wiseman won the women’s 50 breast in 31.75, while Alexander Milanovich and Gabe Mastromatteo tied in the men’s event in 27.94.
- Molly Gowans won the women’s 400 free in 4:11.55 over Goss (4:12.36).
- Daphne Danyluk (28.92) edged out Ingrid Wilm (29.03) for the gold in the women’s 50 back.