2017 SECTIONALS – BUFFALO
- March 30th-April 2nd, 2017
- Burt Flickinger Athletic Center, Buffalo, New York (Star Swimming hosted)
- Long course – 50m
- Results on Meet Mobile – search “Buffalo”
Town Wreckers Swim Team 17-year-old Olivia Sapio doubled up on night 3 of the Buffalo Sectional, winning the 100 back and 50 free.
Sapio took the freestyle race first, going 27.35 to eke out the win by a tenth over Emma Schulman. With only the 200 breaststroke in between, Sapio returned to go 1:06.01 in winning the 100 backstroke.
The Fish’s Madelyn Donohoe won her third event of the meet. The 15-year-old was 4:18.50 to take the 400 freestyle. She’s now swept 3 mid-distance to distance freestyle races after winning the 1500 on day 1 and the 200 on day 2. She’ll tackle both the 100 and 800 tomorrow.
Last night’s double-winner Joseph Scerbo was back to add another gold to his collection. The Cougar swimmer went 2:09.70 to win the 200 butterfly. His teammate Zachary Valenzuela won the 200 breast in 2:24.71.
Peddie Aquatic Associaton 16-year-old Alexandra McDaid proved her mettle once again, winning a second tight race for an event win. She was 2:41.90 to beat out last night’s 400 IM champ Palma Foschi Walko (2:42.27) in the 200 breast.
Other event winners:
- The Fish’s Nicole Fye went 2:18.70 to win the girls 200 fly early in the night.
- Brandon Amthor won the 50 free for the Sharks & Eagles Aquatic Sports in 24.04.
- Peddie’s RC Ike took the boys 100 back in 59.13.
- Cardinal & Gold Aquatics won the boys 400 free with Abel Sapirstein going 4:41.86.