2017 Christiansburg Sectionals
- Thursday March 30- Sunday April 2
- Christiansburg Aquatic Center – Christiansburg, Virginia
- 25y Course
- Psych Sheet
- Meet Info
- Prelims: 9:00 am / Finals 6:00 pm
- Results on Meet Mobile, search “Christiansburg”
A pair of wins from Jacob Johnson of the Delaware Swim Team was the highlight of night 3 at the Christiansburg Sectional Championship meet in Virginia.
His first victory came in the 200 fly, where the 17-year old swam 1:46.78, a new personal best for him. He followed that up with a win in the 100 back in 49.58.
Those wins give him 4 individual and 5 overall event victories with 1 day of competition remaining at the meet.
In the women’s meet, Morgan Liberto pulled off the same double, first winning the 200 fly in 2:01.16 and then the 100 back in 54.90.
Other event winners on the day:
- NCAP 15-year old Katelyn Mack won the 50 free in 22.86, beating out Virginia Tech swimmer Maggie Gruber (22.86).
- David Curtiss was the only swimmer under 21 seconds in the men’s 50 free, which he won with relative ease in 20.60. That’s his best time by two-tenths of a second – and his second best time in the event in less than a month.
- Bailey Bonnett won the women’s 200 breaststroke in 2:12.62. She led the race effectively wire-to-wire, and after opening up a 2-second lead halfway through the race pushed herself eventually two-and-a-half seconds clear of the field at the final touch.
- Matthew Otto, another member of the Delaware Swim Team, won the men’s 200 breaststroke in 1:59.06. His margin of victory was almost 6 seconds.
- Maggie Wallace won the women’s 500 free in 4:49.56.
- Arthur Markley won the men’s 500 in 4:29.42. After cruising to a 4:36 in prelims, he dropped 7 seconds in finals to get under 4:30. He hadn’t been under 4:30 since 2015.
Team Scores (Through Day 3):
Men’s Top 5:
- Delaware Swim Team – 457
- NCAP – 330.5
- Lancaster Aquatic Club – 291
- Egg Harbor Township Seahawks – 210
- Coast Guard Blue Dolphins – 109.5
Women’s Top 5:
- Delaware Swim Team – 310
- NCAP – 306
- 757 Swim – 260
- Egg Harboer Township Seahawks – 241
- Golden Ram Aquatics – 209