2017 YMCA SHORT COURSE NATIONALS
- Monday April 3 – Friday, April 7, 2017
- Greensboro Aquatic Center
- Greensboro, NC
- Mon: 5:30PM Timed Finals / Tues: 8:45AM Prelims, 5:30PM Finals / Wed-Fri: 8:45 AM Prelims, 5:15PM Finals
- Meet site
McHugh leads the 200 breast for the Door County YMCA of Wisconsin. His 1:56.35 was a pretty controlled effort after his 1:55.46 set the YMCA national record last year. He’ll lead fellow Wisconsin-ite Paul DeLakis (1:58.37) into the final tonight.
Tycz won the 100 fly last year in a national-record 52.43. She was 53.61 this morning for the top spot, competing for Bath Area Y. She’ll be challenged tonight by Jessi Snover, who was only two tenths behind in 53.82 for Spartanburg.
And Katz is at the top of the 200 back for Sarasota Y, who leads the men’s points after day 1. His 1:43.58 is still about two seconds shy of the 1:41.48 record he set last year. Katz didn’t have to show much of his hand this morning though. He’s the top seed into the final by almost three seconds.
Other top prelims qualifiers:
- Emma Seiberlich, Phoenixville, 200 back: 1:55.28
- Brendan Burns, Upper Mainline, 100 fly: 48.64
- Brooke Perrotta, Cheshire, 200 breast: 2:14.73
- Spartanburg girls, 400 medley relay: 3:44.09
- Sarasota boys, 400 medley relay: 3:19.72