2020 TOKYO SUMMER OLYMPIC GAMES
- When: Pool swimming: Saturday, July 24 – Sunday, August 1, 2021
- Open Water swimming: Wednesday, August 4 – Thursday, August 5, 2021
- Where: Olympic Aquatics Centre / Tokyo, Japan
- Heats: 7 PM / Semifinals & Finals: 10:30 AM (Local time)
- Full aquatics schedule
- SwimSwam Event Previews
- Entry Lists
- Live Results
- Day 5 Finals Heat Sheet
- Day 5 Finals Relay Lineup
Also getting on the podium for bronze was Finnish athlete Matti Mattsson who punched a lifetime best of 2:07.13.
For 27-year-old Mattsson, his time here represents his first outing ever under the 2:08 threshold. Entering this meet the man’s career-quickest rested at the 2:08.26 he produced in the semi-finals at his year’s European Championships.
Mattsson was smooth and controlled in this race which saw Kamminga open in 1:00.09. For the Finnish athlete, he opened in 1:00.85 and brought it home in 1:06.28 to capture bronze.
With his podium-placing swim here, Mattsson captures Finland’s first medal in swimming but also across all of sport at these Olympic Games. He now represents the 5th Finnish medalist in the history of Olympic swimming