Marist v. Colgate
- Friday, November 15, 2019
- Poughkeepsie, N.Y.
Courtesy: Marist Athletics
POUGHKEEPSIE, New York – Marist men’s swimming and diving toppled the Colgate Raiders on Friday evening, by a score of 209-74. The 209 points were the highest point total for the men’s team in a regular dual meet since back in 2017. Marist took the lead early, placing in first in the first three events, and never looked back.
With the win, Marist improves to 3-1 on the season, and remains 1-1 in Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference meets. Colgate falls to 0-3 on the season with the loss.
- The men opened the competition with a first-place finish in the 200-yard medley relay. The team of Ahmed Sallam, Brendan Rice, Murray Coueslant, and Zachary Arber clocked in with a time of 1:37.04
- The men went on to win the next two events, setting the tone for the rest of the meet. Rice took first place in the 1000-yard free with a time of 9:54.70, and then Sallam secured first in the 200-yard free with a time of 1:43.42.
- Ante Dany led the swimmers with 18 points in the meet. He won both the 200-yard fly and the 500-yard free, with times of 2:01.85 and 4:47.63, respectively.
- Rice also put up 18 points in the meet, also winning the 200-yard breast with a time of 2:17.51, other then the events already mentioned.
- Raislan Aiken had a stellar day for the divers, as he was the third Red Fox to total 18 points. He put up a monstrous 309 points in the 1-meter dive, taking first place by nearly 40 points. Then, he also won the 3-meter dive with a score of 271.95.
The Red Foxes return to the pool on Saturday, November 23, when they will host MAAC rival Fairfield at McCann Natatorium. The meet is set to begin at 1 p.m.
POUGHKEEPSIE, New York – Marist women’s swimming and diving toppled the Colgate Raiders by a score of 190-92 on Friday evening. Just like the men, the women got off to a torrid start, winning the first six events. Colgate made a little bit of a late run to make it interesting, but Marist was able to hold on for the win.
With the win, the Red Foxes improve to 2-2 on the season. Meanwhile, the Raiders drop to 0-3 with the loss.
- The women opened the event taking first place in the 200-yard medley relay. The team of Juliet Nowak, Georgeanne Zimmerman, Leigh-Anne Zanella, and Jordyn Deubel clocked in with a time of 1:50.67, securing first place.
- The Red Foxes set the tone early, winning the first six events, and taking a gigantic lead to start the met. The 100-yard free, 200-yard free, 100-yard back, 100-yard breast, and 200-yard fly were won by Zanella, Deubel, Nowak, Zimmerman, and Zanella again, respectively.
- Zanella had the best meet of any swimmer on either men’s or womebn’s team. She won all three of the previously mentioned events, and then came in second in the 100-yard fly, totaling a massive 22 total points.
- Nowak was the second leading scorer for Marist, totaling 12 points. Besides the 100-yard back and 200-yard medley as previously mentiones, she also took first place in the 200-yard back with a time of 2:10.18. She then placed third in the 100-yard fly.
- Esabelle Gervasio, the 2x MAAC Diver of the Week, dominated once again, leading all divers in points. She totaled nine, placing first in both the 3-meter dive and the 1-meter dive. Her scores were 284.40 and 247.13, respectively.
- The team of Zimmerman, Jessica Freund, Megan Lasto, and Molly Hewett finished strong with a solid performance in the 200-yard free relay, clocking in with a time of 1:41.33.
The Red Foxes return to the pool on Saturday, November 23, when they will host MAAC rival Fairfield at McCann Natatorium. The Stags are the defending MAAC Champions, so the Red Foxes will be looking for a bit of revenge. The meet is set to begin at 1 p.m.
Courtesy: Colgate Athletics
POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. – The Colgate men entered the Marist pool on Friday night looking to put last weekend in the rearview mirror. Though the results didn’t favor them in the end, the Raiders have some positives to take into the Rutgers Invitational.
In the end, Marist took down Colgate by a score of 209-74.
Colgate travels to Piscataway, N.J. for the much anticipated Rutgers invitational, starting Dec. 4.
POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. – The Colgate women looked to move past last weekend’s loss to Loyola when they traveled to Poughkeepsie to compete against Marist. Several Raiders found individual success despite the team’s loss on Friday evening.
Madison Sullivan won the 50 Yard Freestyle to earn nine points for Colgate.
Beth Caruana took first in the 100 Yard Butterfly.
Katie Hand claimed a victory in the 400 Yard Individual Medley over three Marist opponents. Hand also played a role in winning the 200 Yard Freestyle Relay.
The final score of Friday’s meet totaled 190-92.
The Raiders hit the road on Dec. 4 to take part in the Rutgers Invitational.