Reported by Lauren Neidigh.
WOMEN’S 400 IM:
- Pro Swim Series Record: 4:31.07- Katinka Hosszu, Santa Clara 2015
- Pool Record: 4:33.55- Elizabeth Beisel (Florida), 2016
- GOLD: Madisyn Cox, 4:37.94
- SILVER: Melanie Margalis, 4:38.13
- BRONZE: Hali Flickinger, 4:39.98
Georgia postgrad Hali Flickinger had the lead going out through the front half, but she faded on the breast leg as Texas postgrad Madisyn Cox took over. Another Georgia postgrad, Melanie Margalis, started to close the gap on freestyle, but Cox was too far ahead as she won the race with a lifetime best by almost a full second. Magalis settled for silver, while Flickinger held on for bronze. 14-year-old Mariah Denigan of the Northern Kentucky Clippers was the first swimmer shy of the podium. Denigan knocked almost 3 seconds off her lifetime best in 4:45.41.